Imaginary Creatures

I mentioned these Kindergarten collages on a previous blog post and I figure it is time to share them.  They are wonderful!  I have to give credit to the PTA for inspiring me to excitedly pull these from my closet; they were looking for art to feature in our school directory. So Creek View friends, keep your eyes open.

Stories are a great way to start an artwork.  In this case, Kindergartner's listened to the famous story written and illustrated by Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things are.  We talked about the illustrations.  Kindergarten noticed the feathers, scales, and fur, which opened the door to the element of art, "texture."  Aside from texture, we talked about and used geometric and organic shapes but most importantly, we had fun creating something from our imagination. 


What do you see?